Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fleece Poncho for L.

The next finished project from KCWC is a fleece poncho for my nephew, who is turning one.  Ponchos are my favorite outerwear for babies and toddlers, since they're so easy to slip on and can be put over the car seat straps, which is safer than having a bulky coat between the child and the straps. 



It's size 18 months from the Sew Baby Poncho Pizzazz pattern, modified to have a curved hood and elastic around the face.  The fleece is Malden Mills 200 wt Polartec.  Whenever I sew with it, I wonder why I even bother with fleece from JoAnn's.  This is so much nicer!  I wish I could get it locally.

Next up is a dress for E, if I ever make up my mind about which pattern to use!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...